People searching for How to Reset, Locate Or Lock A Galaxy Phone From Google Account?. This tutorial will show you steps to reset or locate or lock a Galaxy Phone from Google account easily. When you lost your favorite phone and lost everything on that phone than google has came up with a solution to tackle this situation by adding a new feature in the “Android Device Manager” in your Google Play Store Account.
So as you have already guessed, this tutorial will help you to Hard Reset, Locate, Lock or Ring your Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone from your Google Play Store Account remotely.
Steps to Hard Reset, Locate, Lock or Ring your Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone from your Google Play Store Account remotely.
Please find the step by step tutorial below:
1. First please login to your Google Play Store Account by following this link:
2. Once you are signed in please go to the Play Store Home Page.
3. Now click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner.
Once clicked you will see a similar drop down like shown in the screenshot above. Now please click “Android Device Manager” there.
Now you will be guided to a similar window like the one given above with a popup. Now carefully read the terms and click “Accept”.
After you click “Accept” you will be send to a similar page like the one given above. Now you can see that the “Android Device Manager” is trying to connect to your device. If your device is not currently connected to the internet it will show the last online date, time and location there.
If it is connected to the internet then you will get all the information like shown above in the box. Your Galaxy device’s last located time, location (i have replaced my location with “Your Location” for privacy reasons, hope you understand) and date. As you can see there the location will be accurate to 20 meters. Also you will get a map showing the current location of your Galaxy Smartphone.
4. Now I will explain how to Lock your Galaxy Android Smartphone remotely from “Android Device Manager” in Google accounts. For that click “Lock” when you are in the above page.
Once clicked you will see a similar popup advising you to set your “New Password” (please don’t use the old password, put a new one). You can also enter a custom message so that the message will be displayed once the phone is locked. Now confirm the password and click “Lock“. Your Android Galaxy Smartphone will be locked when ever it is connected to the internet. If it is currently connected it will be instantly locked.
5. Now I will explain how to Hard Reset and Erase Data on your Galaxy Android Smartphone remotely from “Android Device Manager” in Google accounts. For that click “Erase” and you will get a popup like the one shown below.
Please read the warning text and click “Erase” if you are ok with it. This process will erase all your personal files in your galaxy device including apps, photos, music, settings and contacts. However anything on the sd card will remain untouched. So please proceed on caution as this process is irreversible.
6. Now I will explain how to “Ring” your Galaxy Android Smartphone remotely from “Android Device Manager” in Google accounts. For that click “Ring” and you will get a popup like the one shown below.
This will ring your Galaxy Android Smartphone for the next 5 minutes at full volume. If your phone was lost and it’s nearby this will help you to locate it easily.
That’s it guys, hope this tutorial was helpful.
If “How to Reset, Locate Or Lock A Galaxy Phone From Google Account?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.